Drupal Commerce 2 and PHP Components
Drupal is still a content management tool at heart, which might lead to some compromises in the implementation as opposed to something free of a set model. In addition the Drupal UI is still not the best fit for handling large amounts of data.
Version 8 is fresh of the assembly line and and the Drupal 7 ecosystem will be around for years to come, with significant investments made to Drupal Commerce. Regardless of that Drupal 8 and Drupal Commerce 2 are an interesting prospect and there are great articles about it on the blog, such as:
One of the most significant changes in Drupal Commerce 2 development is the fact that the team has started releasing PHP components that can be used across PHP applications instead of being coupled to Drupal:
For the 2.x branch of Drupal Commerce, Commerce Guys has moved some of the logic out of the Drupal world and into the greater PHP community.
The shared components at the time of writing are:
- Intl - An i18n library that handles currencies, currency formatting, and more
- Addressing - An addressing library that stores and manipulates postal addresses
- Zone - A zone library for groupings for shipping or tax purposes
- Tax - A flexible tax library with predefined tax rates, powerful resolving logic
- Pricing - A component for managing prices, taxes, discounts, fees
Thank you for sharing Guys!